Roasted Winter Vegetables
This is a recipe I’ve been making for years. Chop up any combination of root vegetables, winter squash, etc. For Valentine’s Day, we used:
- potatoes, carrots, jerusalem artichokes, cabbage, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts.
Put in a big bowl. Make lots, this makes good leftovers. Next, make the sauce. This should cover about 3 cups of veggies, make more if you have more veggies.
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 T. packed brown sugar
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 t. dried thyme
- 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t. ground cloves
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 2 t. grated fresh ginger root
- 1 large garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 fresh green chile, coarsely chopped
- On this day I added cilantro and lime juice, because I had them.
Toss with the veggies. Spread out on one or two cookie sheets and bake at 400 for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.